When it is a scorching hot summer day, there’s isn’t anything as tempting as a chilly ice cream cone! The only issue with ice cream? It isn’t that healthy for you and doesn’t help that summer body.
Fortunately, this recipe for a healthy ice cream tastes just as delicious as the real thing.
But what about that rich, creamy goodness that a scoop of ice cream gives us? You will not be disappointed when you try this banana ice cream.
Just like a scoop of dairy ice cream frozen bananas get silky and melty, also bananas are packed full of pectin, which means frozen bananas don’t get icy and flaky like ice cream does. If you swap out the classic frozen treat for this healthy ice cream made out of bananas, you will love it and so easy. You can swap out the milk and use almond milk for a dairy free version. So you can totally enjoy all the summer sundaes you want.
Scroll through below to learn how to make this healthy frozen treat that’s every bit as indulgent as ordinary ice cream!
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I use this instead of milk for a healthier verison)
- To taste Chocolate syrup, butterscotch syrup, or other favorite add-ins
- Or strawberries (any berry of your choice) amounts below in video
- freeze 1 hour
- To tasteSundae toppings of your choice
- Slice up bananas and pop in freezer overnight.
- Place frozen banana slices in blender or food processor, and blend thoroughly until they reach a creamy texture.
- Toss in your favorite add-in strawberries (any berry you like) or other ingredient of your choice, like chocolate chips, cocoa powder, peanut butter and pulse a few times.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- almond milk
- freeze 1 hour
- Scoop “ice cream” into bowl, and top with all your favorite sundae toppings, like sprinkles, chocolate chips, or fruit.
- Serve and enjoy![mashshare]